Click for U. S. A. Home
VA Announcements

Veterans Request for Certification
    "For Returning Undergraduates Only"
    (Not for Graduate students or Alabama GI
    Dependent Scholarship recipients)

2014 Military Friendly School


(Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership Initiative)

Veteran Student Outreach Liaison (VSOL)
(251) 460-6230

Starting 2013-2014 Academic Year U.S.A. will be a
Yellow Ribbon School!

Click Here for More Information

Depending on your individual situation you may require more financial assistance than the G.I Bill alone will offer. Veteran and dependents may also be eligible for additional financial aid. For information on financial aid please go to

All veterans, veterans’ dependents, and active duty personnel may utilize services provided by the Office of Veterans Affairs located in Suite 2300 of Meisler Hall. Our mailing address is, Office of Veteran Affairs 309 Alumni Circle Suite 2300 Mobile, AL 36688. This office is operated by staff members of the University of South Alabama, not the Department of Veteran Affairs. All degree programs are approved for the education of veterans, service members, and dependents of veterans eligible for benefits under the programs of the state and federal Department of Veterans Affairs.

New veteran students should report to the Office of Veterans Affairs at the time of application to the university. Certification for benefits must be requested in writing and signed by an advisor for each term.

Because of the recent changes in benefit allowances and VA policies students using VA benefits should regularly visit the VA home page at Students should also maintain regular contact with the Office of Veterans Affairs at (251) 460-6230 or

Students receiving veteran's benefits are responsible for the payment of all tuition and fees at the time of registration. Post 9/11 students may be an exception. It is the student’s responsibility to assure that all requests for VA and Federal Tuition Assistance are submitted in advance and in a timely manner. A payment plan is offered through the University of South Alabama Federal Credit Union. For more information about this plan call (251)706-0255.

Information regarding VA benefits, including eligibility, payment information, remaining entitlement, or the address of the nearest regional office is available through the VA at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) or online at

For information concerning "Transfer Credit from Military Service School", see the 'Enrollment Services' Section of the USA Bulletin.

Office of Veterans Affairs
111 Jaguar Drive
Academic Support Center, Suite 1345
Mobile, AL 36688
Telephone: (251) 460-6230
Fax: (251) 460-6016

Click here for Registration & Payment Policies

University of South Alabama - Office of the Registrar
Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 - (251)460-6251
For questions or comments Contact Us
Last Update: 2006-10-13
Valid HTML 4.01!Valid CSS!