Certification Applications  
  The Associate Dean of the College of Education is responsible for recommending qualified University of South Alabama students seeking teacher certification. Only those students who have completed requirements of the University and of the State Department of Education will be recommended for a professional certificate. Students who plan to teach in Alabama after graduation must file the proper application form for a teaching certificate. Forms are available in the Office of Student Services (UCOM 3020). A student who does not apply for a professional certificate within five years after completing the state-approved program may be required to fulfill additional current requirements. For additional information visit the Alabama State Department of Education’s website.  
© 2012 University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 380-2738
Date last changed: September 21, 2006 12:34 PM