text only
University of South Alabama
USA Home Web Index Search Directories FAQ
Accounts Payable
Frequently Asked Questions


Who decides if something will be paid on a requisition or purchase order (UPO)?
A: Purchasing.
Where do I send my LPO copies?
A: The brown must go to Purchasing first to be logged in. The signed blue goes to Accounts Payable. When merchandise is received, the blue must be forwarded immediately.
Q: What if the department gets the original invoice?
A: The original invoice must be forwarded to Accounts Payable before payment can be made.
Q: What if the invoice does not have a UPO number or ship to address?
A: If the department receives the invoice, a UPO number or some information to identify who it belongs to must be on the invoice.
Q: What if Accounts Payable requests certain paperwork and the department doesn't have it?
A: The department needs to respond to the person in Accounts Payable requesting the paperwork as to the reason they do not have the paperwork. Even if the transaction was made with a purchasing card, Accounts Payable needs to be notified.
Q: Do I need a sub code on my requisition or Purchase Order?
A: Definitely. Your account number is not complete until you have a sub code.
Q: Will payment be made if the Receiving Report (white PO copy with "Receiving Copy: Sign and return to Accounts Payable when items are received" printed on it or blue LPO) is not signed?
A: No. The receiving report will be returned to the department and payment will be delayed.
Q: Will payment be made from a faxed copy or photocopy?
A: Not usually.

University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6101
For questions or comments Contact Us
Last date changed: January 26, 2015 11:34 AM

University of South Alabama