Basic Keyword Search
Flash movie, 1:14, 1785.2kb
- Access SOUTHcat by following the link on the library's homepage.
- Keyword is the default search type in SOUTHcat and should already be selected in the Search by: menu.
- Enter a keyword for each aspect of your research question in the Search for: box. You do not need to put and between keywords. Use ? after the root of a word to find all variants of a word (for example, teen? finds teen, teens, teenage, teenagers...).
- Click Search.
- You will now see a results screen. They will be displayed relevance-ranked. You can resort them by date by using the Sort by: drop-down menu.
- To view an item's record, click on the title in the results list. This will take you to the brief view of the record. For more information, click on the Long View button.
- To locate an item in the library, look at the information below the gray line in the item record. Make note of the Location and Call Number, then click the button. This will open a new window displaying the locations of items in the USA Libraries.