Keyword Phrase Search
Flash movie, 1:16, 2190kb
- Access SOUTHcat by following the link on the library's homepage.
- Keyword is the default search type in SOUTHcat and should already be selected in the Search by: menu.
- To do a keyword phrase search, put quotes around the search terms in the Search for: box (for example, "wedding dress"). Phrase searches will find only those records which contain the exact phrase.
- Click Search.
- You will now see a results screen. They will be displayed relevance-ranked. You can resort them by date by using the Sort by: drop-down menu.
- To view an item's record, click on the title in the results list. This will take you to the brief view of the record. For more information, click on the Long View button.
- To locate an item in the library, look at the information below the gray line in the item record. Make note of the Location and Call Number, then click the button. This will open a new window displaying the locations of items in the USA Libraries.