Admissions at the University of South Alabama
Frequently Asked Questions
Advising Majors FAQ
Meal Plan/ID/Parking FAQ
Transfer Information FAQ
Registration FAQ
Orientation FAQ
Miscellaneous FAQ
Admissions Home
Contact the admissions department at South AlabamaCONTACT US

USA Office of Admissions
2500 Meisler Hall
390 Alumni Circle
Mobile, AL 36688-0002

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Central Time, Monday-Friday
Phone: (251) 460-6141 or
(800) USA-JAGS
FAX: (251) 460-7876


Transfer Information  

Q. How do I transfer from another school? 
A. You will need to have an official transcript submitted from each college or university you have attended, and if you have taken less than 30 semester hours (or 40 Quarter hours) in college courses, you must also have an official high school transcript and official ACT or SAT scores submitted.

Q. Must students send a transcript if they have only taken one class? 
A. You must submit official transcripts from all institutions attended, regardless of grades recieved or hours attempted.   
Q. Does USA accept CLEP (College Level Examination Program) credit? 
A. A student can receive up to 32 semester hours of credit from the General Examinations and certain subject examinations of the CLEP. Official scores mailed directly from the CLEP division of the Educational Testing Service are required before credit will be awarded. Check the CLEP Transfer Advising Guide online for a listing of courses/exams that are acceptable. 

Q. Can full-time military personnel transfer hours to USA? 
A.  Yes, students who have been admitted to USA may receive credit for military courses taken. We award credit in accordance with the "ACE" guide. The following documents must be turned in in order to receive credit:  

1. Army -AARTS (Army/American Council of Education Registry Transcript System) transcript. You can request a copy of your AARTS transcript by regular mail, fax (913)684-2011, or on the AARTS Home Page .
2. Navy - Form DD295 (Application for Evaluation of Learning Experiences in the Military). This can be obtained from the Navy Education Centers in Pensacola and Gulfport. The DD295 should be mailed directly to us to be considered official.
3. Air Force - The student MUST request a transcript from the Community College of the Air Force. We will award PE credit based on this transcript, also.
4. Marines /Coast Guard - Form DD295. Both service branches can request their DD295 from the Navy Education Centers in Pensacola and Gulfport.
5. Students who have successfully completed basic training in the Armed Forces may receive 4 semester hours of elective PE credit. The DD214 can be obtained by writing:
National Personnel Records Center 
9700 Page Avenue 
St. Louis, MO  63132-5100

Q. Do repeated courses have any bearing my GPA? 
A. Yes, all courses are factored into your GPA.


Q. Will a 'D' letter grade transfer? 
A.  Yes a 'D' letter grade will transfer, unless the course was EH 101 or 102 (for which we require a 'C' grade or better).

Contact the admissions department at South AlabamaIMPORTANT DATES