- A master’s level professional educator certificate in any teaching field or area of instructional support.
- A minimum of three full years of full-time teaching experience in a P-12 setting.
- A portfolio containing:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Evidence of ability to positively affect student achievement.
- Evidence of collaborative leadership potential.
If an individual is admitted to an Alabama Class AA teacher leader program based on a master’s level professional educator certificate in a teaching field or area of instructional support from another state, completes the Class AA teacher leader program, and subsequently applies for Class AA teacher leader certification, then the individual must earn at least a Class A Professional Educator Certificate in a teaching field or area of instructional support before applying for Class AA certification.