|1. Be admitted to Teacher Candidacy and senior standing.
2. A minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 at the University of South Alabama.
3. A minimum program grade point average of 2.75 (including transfer work).
4. A minimum grade point average of 2.75 in the professional teacher education (including transfer work). In the professional education component, no grade below a "C" is acceptable.
5. Completion of a minimum of three-fourths of a teaching specialization(s) with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 (including transfer work),
6. Completed the special methods courses, sequence courses, or block courses.
7. Continued satisfactory progress in meeting requirements for admission to the program of teacher education.
8. Recommended for Student Teaching by your University Advisor.
9. Satisfactory completion of APTT for reading, writing and math.
10. Satisfactory score on the Praxis II test for the teaching field or content area.
11. Completion of any departmental pre-requisites.
12. Proof of: clear (SDE suitability letter) background check and professional liability insurance.
13. Completion of field experience requirement, hours vary with program (at a minimum 150 hours, 90 hours in 3 hour block, at least half in the teaching field and span grades for which certification is sought).
14. Department/program may have additional admission requirements.
See departmental section of the bulletin.