1. Satisfactory completion of the State Board of Education approved program.
2. Minimum overall grade-point average of 2.5 on all work attempted at the University
of South Alabama.
3. Minimum Program grade-point average of 2.75 (including transfer work).
4. Minimum grade-point average of 2.75 in Professional Studies (including transfer
5. Minimum grade-point average of 2.75 in the Teaching Field (including transfer work).
6. No grade below “C” in Professional Studies.
7. Demonstrated readiness to teach through on-the-job performances as a student teacher
as determined by an evaluation plan approved by the State Board of Education.
8. Satisfactory completion of the student teaching experience.
9. A minimum of 32 of the last 45 semester hours of work must be earned in residence at
the University of South Alabama.
10. A junior college student can transfer no more than 64 semester hours toward the
Bachelor of Science degree requirements.
11. A satisfactory score on a comprehensive examination covering Professional Studies
and the Teaching Field(s).
12. A passing score on all areas of the Alabama Prospective Teacher Test (APTT).
13. Satisfactory performance on the Alabama Professional Studies Assessment and the
appropriate PRAXIS II test.