Career Peers are volunteer peer mentors who assist USA Career Services in reaching out to, education and advising other Jaguars on resources through one-on-one interactions and group presentations. Career Peers are required to complete at least 4 hours of professional development (meeting once a month) and 4 hours of service with our office each semester (with a two semester commitment).
Benefits of Becoming a Career Peer
- Practice and perfect presentation skills
- Gain interpersonal and large group communication skills
- Monthly professional development training
- Leadership experience
- Education regarding job search skills and resume writing
- Networking skills
Requirements for Becoming a Career Peer
- Currently enrolled USA student with a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Experience with Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Interest in career readiness and helping other students
- Possess professional communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative and responsibility
We look forward to hearing from you soon!