About Internal Audit
- Evaluate the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls, and promoting effective control at a reasonable cost.
- Provide advice and guidance on control aspects of new policies, systems, processes and procedures.
- Determine the level of compliance with University policies and procedures, state and federal laws, and government regulations.
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of organizations in accomplishing their mission and identify operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Perform annual audit of Athletics to meet NCAA Financial Audit Guidelines and provide audit assistance to external auditors.
- Provide audit assistance to the Office of the State Auditor to include reviews of payroll, expenditures, inventory observations, petty cash counts, and various other services.
- Perform special projects as requested by the President, Vice Presidents, and the Office of the State Auditor, and other reviews as time and personnel allow.
The Department's primary goal is to provide excellent service to the University. Audits and reviews are performed in accordance with applicable standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), and the Government Accounting Office (GAO).
CODE OF ETHICS
The Department is committed to the highest degree of fairness, integrity, and ethical conduct in the performance of our mission. We endorse the "Code of Ethics" as adopted by the Association of College and University Auditors (ACUA).
The Department has unrestricted access to all USA activities, records, properties, and personnel. The President has endorsed this right and has resolved that no member of management should attempt to restrict or limit the scope of internal auditing activities.