Alumni General Information
Welcome back globetrotters! The Office of International Education is thrilled that you completed a successful journey abroad and have returned to USA’s campus with energy and enthusiasm. You may be asking yourself, “What’s next?”
After completing an enriching study abroad experience in another country, most students are excited to return home and share their experiences with friends and family. Although they are returning to a familiar environment, some students have issues re-acclimating and may experience reverse culture shock.
The best way to approach re-entry is to expect that there will be differences. People, places, and your feelings will have changed with time. Part of the re-entry process includes finding a way to balance the best of your new lifestyle with your old lifestyle.
The following are some options for moving forward and continuing to enhance your life with your new skills:
- Attend some Re-Entry Events.
- Become an International Education Ambassador and tell other USA students about study abroad.
- Submit pictures of your time abroad to OIE’s photo contest for prizes.
- Check out our Alumni Abroad profiles to get in contact with other USA study abroad alumni who have pursued additional abroad experiences.
- Write about your experience and submit an entry to The Vanguard.
- Become a language partner in the English Language Center.
- Visit the Career Center for assistance with future work opportunities abroad, applying for internships, and how to integrate your abroad experience into your resume.
- And, of course, you can study abroad again!