text only
University of South Alabama
USA Home Web Index Search Directories FAQ
Payroll Accounting
Frequently Asked Questions
13. If I do receive a FICA tax refund, do I need to pay taxes on it?
Should you receive a FICA tax refund, the refund is not subject to federal income tax. However, the IRS intends to pay interest on your share of the FICA tax that is refunded. The interest paid by the IRS on your share of the FICA tax refund is subject to tax in the year it is received. You will be provided a 1099-INT if more than $600 in interest is paid in the calendar year. You should contact your tax professional for more information on this subject and to discuss your specific tax situation.

University of South Alabama - Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6471
For questions or comments Contact Us
Last date changed: January 26, 2015 3:09 PM

University of South Alabama