The University of South Alabama's official Spring Move-Out Weekend is scheduled for May 9 & 11, 2014 (Friday and Sunday). The residence hall check-out deadline for students not enrolling for summer term and not graduating is scheduled for Friday, May 9, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. Graduating residents have until Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 12:00PM (noon) to check-out of their assigned room.
USA Housing & Residence Life recognizes that some students may need to move out later than the scheduled closing of residence halls in order to meet academic or athletic requirements. A Late Stay Program is offered for current residents who have a documented, University-related need to move out of their spring housing assignment after the scheduled Residence Hall Closing. Approval for late stay requests will be determined by USA Housing & Residence Life following the guidelines below.
To be eligible for the Late Stay Program, a student must be a current resident and a member of a University program, department, college, or team that requires their presence past the end of the spring semester.
$12.75 nightly rate for all approved late residence hall move-outs will be charged starting from the date the halls close until the date of departure/check-out. This charge is to cover the cost of staffing, services, & utilities required to accommodate late move-outs. Any students who are required to stay on campus later than the scheduled closing of residence halls should keep this charge in mind.
All requests received after May 1st may be subject to a late charge of $50.00 in addition to the $12.75 nightly rate. All early arrival charges will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
For Individual Residents - Deadline is May 1st
• Eligible students (based on the above criteria) who have confirmed their need to stay past the residence hall closing date for spring semester with their employer or coach should submit a request online.
• The student will receive an e-mail to their University email account outlining the status of their request.
• For those receiving approval, the e-mail will include a new/revised check-out deadline. The resident should check-out using the proper check-out procedures outlined on our Moving Out page.
• If you are unsure of your status, please contact your respective Area Coordinator by e-mail or phone.
• Students who wish to be considered for the late stay program after the May 1st submission deadline may still submit their request. If approved, the student may be subject to a late charge of $50.00 in addition to the $12.75 nightly rate.
For Members of a USA Group, Department, or Team - Deadline is May 1st
• Eligible members (based on the above criteria) interested in requesting to move-out late should contact the program coordinator for their group for information about late stays. The program coordinator for the group may then submit the request for all eligible group members to Housing & Residence Life. If the program coordinator instructs you to submit your own request, please follow instructions above for individual residents.
• Not all requests to stay late can be granted as some rooms will be needed for use by Summer Housing students, Conference Housing guests, and previously scheduled renovation projects. If this applies to your room you will be notified via University email that your request to participate in the Late Stay Program has been denied. The latest move-out period for these residents will be Friday, May 09, 2014 at 2:00PM (for residents not graduating) or Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 12:00PM (NOON – for graduating residents).
• If you are approved to stay late, please be aware that many services may not continue to be fully operational. In some instances, you may need to adjust your schedule or find alternative options. For instance, the on-campus dining locations close at the end of business hours Friday, May 09, 2014.