The curriculum is comprised of selected general education requirements and a professional component. Students are admitted every semester.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR THE B.S.N.
The College of Nursing Admissions Committee and the Dean of the College select applicants best qualified for and most likely to succeed in the study of nursing.
Enrollment in the Professional Component is limited and competitive. Students are admitted without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or qualified disability. Students must be in good standing with all academic institutions/nursing programs that they have attended in order to be admitted to the BSN program.
The following are required to be considered for admission to the BSN program.
1. Submission of completed application by deadline
2. Payment of $50.00 non-refundable application fee
3. Minimum GPA of 2.50 in all pre-requisite courses
4. Minimum University GPA of 2.0
5. Minimum of “C” in all pre-requisites
6. Upon acceptance to professional component submit to our online vender immunizations, health data form, evidence of health insurance, evidence of CPR certification (Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider).
7. Vender will run background check and instruct for drug test upon acceptance.
For additional information and transcript evaluation write to:
Office of Student Services
USA College of Nursing - HAHN 3082
5721 USA Drive N.
Mobile AL 36688-0002
FAX: (251) 445-9416
The BSN program at the University of South Alabama College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education,
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036
The entry level baccalaureate program is approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing
and the BSN and MSN programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036-1120