The USA Foundation Graduate Sociology Scholarship will be awarded to a Sociology graduate student for the Academic Year.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Submit an essay on your career goals.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty.
- Enroll in the Fall semester 2012 to receive the award. Students with Assistantships at that time are not eligible.
- Paper Award
The Department will also present one Sociology Graduate Student Paper Award in the amount of $50. Currently enrolled graduate students (from any discipline) should submit papers meeting the following criteria:
- The student must be the sole author of the paper.
- The paper must substantially cover a topic from a sociological perspective. Examples include reviews or syntheses of the discipline’s literature, original observations, or research reports.
Submit applications and papers by the deadline to:
Honors and Awards Committee
Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work
Humanities Building, Room 34