Studios may be reserved any time that SouthFit programs and HPELS classes are not
occurring. Only students and Recreation Center members may use the studios. Non-university
groups may not use the studios.
Studios are NOT AVAILABLE the 15 minutes before or after a class. This time is reserved
for the instructor to get out equipment and answer members’ questions.
Studios may be reserved no more than 24 hours in advance. Walk-ins are also welcome
if the studios are available. Recurring reservations (for example, every Monday at
8:00 p.m.) may not be made.
Reservations & Rules for FREE studio space (Studios 1 & 2):
- Free Studio Space: Sign up at the front desk. You must give your J-number and show
a photo ID. Reservations are for one hour only. If your hour is up and no one else
has reserved space, you may continue to use the studio.
- You may use the stereo system, but you may not use the microphone or the group fitness
equipment unless the rental fee has been paid (see below). Please do not use the equipment
that is stored in the studios (steps & stability balls).
- Only water and drinks in a re-sealable sports bottle are allowed. Please do not bring
food into the studios. Please throw away all trash and remove personal belongings.
Reservations & Rules for Equipment Use or Private Class (Studios 1, 2, and Cycle Studio)
- All SouthFit equipment is available for rental for $25/hour. This includes bikes,
steps, dumbbells, resistance bands, jump ropes, yoga blocks, mats, kettlebells, medicine
balls, TRX suspension trainers, and more.
- SouthFit can provide a private class (all equipment and an instructor provided) for
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time, and details of your request. If approved, we accept payments
of cash or check made payable to “USA”. We also accept departmental fund transfers