The 13th Annual Southeastern Coastal and Atmospheric Processes Symposium (SeCAPS) will be held on Friday, March 4th, 2015, and Saturday, March 5th, 2015, on the campus of the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.
Oral and poster presentations on any aspect of meteorology, atmospheric science, geography, climatology, geology, and communication/broadcast media are welcomed. The deadline for abstracts is February 3rd, 2016. For further information on the conference, please contact our AMS faculty advisor: Andrew Murray: email@example.com
Information on submitting papers for a SeCAPS Presentation:
- An abstract must accompany all presentations, both oral and poster. The abstract may be no longer than 200 words.
- Abstracts should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Google Docs format required).
- The body of the abstract must be single-spaced and without paragraph indentations. If the abstract contains more than one paragraph, two spaces are to be left between paragraphs.
- Since the abstracts will be reformatted for publication purposes, a strict format will not be imposed. However, paper titles, authors' names, and authors' institution affiliations must be clearly identified preceding the body of the abstract.
- Authors are responsible for editing and proofreading the abstract that they submit. Abstracts will be printed as submitted, except for any necessary reformatting.
A computer with projection system will be provided. Audio equipment also will be available if needed. Please indicate if you need audio/visual equipment OTHER than a typical classroom/auditorium setup.
Oral Presentations should be submitted in a format compatible with Microsoft Powerpoint. You will be asked to email your presentation to email@example.com by February 3rd in order to avoid last minute glitches.
Presentations should be limited to 15 minutes, plus 5 minutes for questions. (Keynote speakers will be allotted more time.)
- Each abstract should be accompanied by a separate page (one copy only) containing:
- title of the paper
- author's (or authors') name(s) and title(s)
- complete address
- e-mail address
Abstracts and/or presentations may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Andrew Murray, Instructor and SeCAPS Faculty Advisor, University of South Alabama
Telephone: (251)-460-7325 OR (251)-460-6915