The 10th Annual Southeastern Coastal and Atmospheric Processes Symposium (SeCAPS) will be held on Friday, February 22, 2013, and Saturday, February 23,2013, on the campus of the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.
Oral and poster presentations on any aspect of meteorology, geography, or geology are welcomed. Of particular interest are papers focused on mesoscale convection and severe weather; tropical cyclone observations or prediction; measuring hurricane or severe weather intensity; environmental and sociological impacts of natural disasters; and coastal geomorphology in response to weather phenomena.
The deadline for abstracts is February 11th. For further information on the conference, please contact AMS Faculty Advisor Dr. Wesley Terwey firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on submitting papers for a SeCAPS Presentation:
1. An abstract must accompany all presentations. The abstract may be no longer than 200 words.
2. Abstracts should be submitted by email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word format preferred). Abstracts may also be submitted on a CD-ROM, although email is preferred. Indicate your name, title of your paper, software type and version, and whether it is in Windows, MAC, or DOS environment on your disk.
3. The body of the abstract must be single-spaced and without paragraph indentations. If the abstract contains more than one paragraph, two spaces are to be left between paragraphs.
4. Since the abstracts will be reformatted for publication purposes, a strict format will not be imposed. However, paper titles, authors' names, and authors' institution affiliations must be clearly identified preceding the body of the abstract.
5. Authors are responsible for editing and proofreading the abstract that they submit. Although reformatted, they will be printed as submitted.
1. Each abstract should be accompanied by a separate page (one copy only) containing: (A) title of the paper; (B) author's (or authors') name(s) and title; (C) affiliation; (D) complete address; and (E) electronic mail address, if available.
2. Carousel slide projectors, overhead projectors, and laptop computers with digital projectors will be provided. Please indicate if you need audio/visual equipment OTHER than these.
3. Digital Presentations should be submitted in a Windows-based PowerPoint format. You will be asked to email/deliver your digital presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 11th in order to avoid last minute glitches.
4. Presentations should be limited to 20 minutes.
Abstracts and/or presentations may be submitted via email (preferred) to email@example.com or mailed to:
Coastal Weather Research Center
MC 1623 University of South Alabama
Mobile, AL 36688
Dr. Wesley Terwey, Assistant Professor, University of South Alabama
Telephone: (251) 461-1389