Click for U. S. A. Home


Final Grades

Fall 2014 Grade Availability
Students can view their final grades for the Fall 2014 semester via their PAWS account beginning Wednesday, December 17th at 12:00 p.m.

Final Grades are posted on PAWS and are not mailed.

Instructions on how to access your final grades.

  • Go to
  • Click 'Enter Secure Area'.
  • Login using your JAG Number and PIN code.
  • Click 'Student Services and Financial Aid'.
  • Click 'Student Records'.
  • Click 'Final Grades'.
  • Click 'Submit'.


Grade Changes

A student seeking a grade change must contact the instructor of the course. A grade change requires the approval of the instructor, the signature of the department chair, and the dean of the college in which the course is taught. Academic standing is reviewed after each grade change and any necessary changes are made. Grades on record for one calendar year may not be changed for any reason.

All grade changes will be updated on PAWS as the Change of Grade Form is received in the Registrar's Office. Updated grade reports will not be mailed. To view the grade update, a student will go to PAWS.

Instructions on how to view a grade change:

  • Go to
  • Click 'Enter Secure Area'.
  • Login using your JAG Number and PIN code.
  • Click 'Student Services and Financial Aid'.
  • Click 'Academic Transcript'.
  • Click 'Transcript Level'.
  • Click 'Submit'.


Grade Replacement Policy

Under certain conditions, when a course has been repeated, a student may request that an earlier grade not be used in the calculation of the USA grade point average.

Please note: a USA grade point average that includes grade replacement, may not be used for some purposes. For example, graduate and professional programs may recalculate your grade point average with no grade replacement for admissions decisions.

If you are receiving financial aid, please be aware that the Standards of Academic Progress Policy is separate from the Grade Replacement Policy. Replacement of a grade does not change the satisfactory academic progress calculation. All work attempted is part of this calculation and repeating courses could negatively affect your eligibility for financial aid. If you have questions please contact the Office of Financial Aid (251-460-6231 or

This policy is subject to the following conditions:

  • Only USA undergraduate students qualify for this policy.
  • All attempts for each course are recorded on the transcript. Courses that are not used in calculating the GPA will remain on the transcript.
  • Only courses taken at USA are eligible for grade replacement.
  • Courses in which a B, C, D or an F was earned are eligible for grade replacement.
  • A maximum of three course grades can be replaced. In each case, the student must have repeated the identical course with an improved grade relative to the course grade being replaced.
  • It is possible for a student to have more than one grade removed from the GPA calculation for the same course. However each grade that is removed counts towards the maximum of three course grades that can be replaced.
  • Course substitutions are not eligible for grade replacement. To be eligible, the repeated course must have the identical course number and identifier as that for the grade being replaced.
  • Certain courses are not eligible for grade replacement. Courses that are not eligible include: Graduate courses, Honors courses, PE activity courses, internships/clinicals, health science professional courses, field experiences, research seminars, independent/directed studies, and special topics courses. Please check with your specific program for further restrictions on eligible courses.
  • A course grade received as a result of academic misconduct does not qualify for grade replacement.
  • Once a student graduates, a class may not be repeated to improve his/her grade point average.
  • Grade replacement does not change a student’s past academic standing.

Application Procedure

  • Complete a Grade Replacement Application form* and turn it in to your College Advising office.
  • Each course grade replacement request must be done on a separate form.
  • Once a grade is replaced, the action is irrevocable.
  • A maximum of three grades for repeated courses can be replaced. Additional requests will not be granted. This rule may not be appealed.
  • This form may be turned in anytime before the awarding of the bachelor’s degree.
  • You will be notified through your USA email of the approval or denial of this request. You may confirm by viewing your PAWS transcript.

*Form is available online at and in your College Advising office.


Click here for Registration & Payment Policies

University of South Alabama - Office of the Registrar
Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 - (251)460-6251
For questions or comments Contact Us
Last Update: 2006-11-14
Valid HTML 4.01!Valid CSS!