Mathematics and Statistics Assignment (Kathy Wheeler)
Assignment: Find an article on “approximation theory” written by a faculty member from the Department of Math and Statistics at the University of South Alabama. Assignment in Word format.
How to: Following the directions and fill in the form.
- Go to the University Library’s web site (http://library.southalabama.edu/)
- Click on Articles, Indexes, Databases
- Under Indexes/Databases Listed by Title, click on M and choose MathSciNet
- Choose Full Search from the left side of the screen
- In the first box, choose Anywhere from the pull-down menu and enter the words: approximation theory
- In the second box, choose Institution Code from the pull-down menu and enter USA’s institutional code which is 1-SAL. The institutional codes for other organizations can be found at http://www.ams.org/instcode/
- fill in this form.
Support: Hand out or link to the form in Word format.
Use: Homework assignment
Objectives: Make students aware of a math/stat database. Practice using it.