Giving to the College of Education and Professional Studies
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." ~ Winston S. Churchill
Mitchell-Moulton Scholarship Initiative
The University of South Alabama continues to be one of the best values in higher education, with tuition costs significantly lower than most of our peer institutions. Despite our best efforts to keep tuition costs from rising, there continues to be a critical need for scholarships to keep college affordable and offset some of the rising costs of tuition, living expenses, and supplies.
Seeing the need to address this issue, two visionary leaders, philanthropist Abraham Mitchell and the late USA President V. Gordon Moulton, conceived the Mitchell-Moulton Scholarship Initiative. At the University’s 50th anniversary celebration, Mr. Mitchell announced that he would provide a dollar-for-dollar match to gifts for undergraduate endowed scholarships up to $25 million. With that said, every dollar given towards an undergraduate scholarship will be matched dollar for dollar.
Make a Difference
- Cash gifts -This is the simplest and easiest gift you can make. It can be made by credit card, personal check, cashier's check or money order made payable to University of South Alabama.
- Matching gifts from your employer can double-or even triple-your gift. Grow Your Contribution Over Time
- Gift pledges - With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time.
- Endowed gifts - An endowment is intended to permanently support the University. Gifts may be given outright or pledged over a number of years.
- Recognize a Special Person.
- Memorial gifts can be made in honor of a family member, classmate, professor or other member of the USA community.
College of Education and Professional Studies Development Goals
Endowed Named Graduate Assistant ship in Instructional Design (2) $100,000 each
Endowed Named Visiting Professorship (1) $150,000
Endowed Named Faculty Chairs (4) $1,000,000 each
Endowed Named Graduate Awards (12) $10,000 each
Distinguished Lectureship series (4) $100,000 each
Endowed Educator-in-Residence (1) $500,000
Campaign Goal $1,000,000