Graduate Studies

Secondary banner

Graduate Studies in the College of Education & Professional Studies

Graduate Programs of Study:

The Master of Education degree and certification in Counselor Education, Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Media, Elementary Education, Health Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education.

The Alternative Master of Education degree and certification programs for persons who have earned a non-educational baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education. An Alternative Master of Education is available with programs in Elementary Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education.

The Master of Science degree with majors in Counselor Education, Instructional Design and Development, Health, Exercise Science, and Sport Management.

The Educational Specialist degree in Educational Leadership, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education.

The Doctor of Philosophy degree in Instructional Design and Development;  an Educational Doctorate in Educational Leadership; and a Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical and Counseling Psychology.

Programs of study leading to the Alabama Class A and Class AA Professional Teaching Certificates are available in appropriate areas.

A limited number of masters and doctoral level graduate assistantships are available.  These awards are coordinated by the Office of Graduate Studies. Students desiring to apply for a graduate assistantship should contact the Office of Graduate Studies or their Academic Department  in order to receive information about assistantship requirements and to obtain an application.

The University of South Alabama publishes certain crime statistics each year as required by the Jeanne Clery Act. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the school. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off-campus buildings and property owned or controlled by the school and on public property immediately adjacent to the campus. This report is available online at: /resources/fireandsafetyreport.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the University Police office located at 290 Stadium Blvd.