Executive Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership
2014 -2016 Cohorts of the Executive Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership
Earn Your Doctorate in 3 Years
The University of South Alabama College of Education proudly offers an Executive Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.). The program is an intensive 60 credit hour, three-year, cohort-based program designed for educators who wish to earn a terminal degree in educational leadership. Delivered in an executive format, the Ed.D. program allows students to maintain their current employment while also studying full-time.
The program is aligned with the recommendations of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate to redesign the Ed.D. to make it a stronger and more relevant degree for the advanced preparation of school practitioners and clinical faculty, academic leaders, and professional staff for the nation’s schools and colleges and the learning organizations that support them. There are two tracks available in the program, one for P-12 administrators and one for higher education administrators.
Coursework is delivered by highly qualified professors using a combination of intensive, face-to-face classes on campus, and blended, and fully online formats. Courses include program assessment and evaluation, finance, ethics, global education, legal issues, and quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research. Effective leadership is a guiding principle throughout the program.
The deadline for submission of all Ed.D. application materials to USA Office of Admissions is March 15th.
Please note that all application materials should be sent directly to the USA Office of Admissions via mail (address is listed below) or via their website at http://www.southalabama.edu/admissions/. Admission may be delayed if supporting documents are sent anywhere on campus other than admissions.
The University of South Alabama
The Office of Admissions
Meisler Hall, Room 2500
Mobile, AL 36688
- A minimum 3.25 graduate GPA
- Completed IDE 510 “Educational Research and Evaluation” or equivalent graduate level course with grade of “B” or better.
- Master’s degree in education or educational leadership from a regionally accredited institution for postsecondary education
- Copy of valid Alabama administrative license indicating class “A” or “AA” certification in Instructional Leadership (Students who hold Alabama Class “A” certification in Instructional Leadership may opt to pursue an Educational Specialist degree and accompanying Class “AA” certification in Instructional Leadership simultaneously while working towards the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership. Students who hold Alabama Class “AA” certification in Instructional Leadership may have some of their previous credit applied towards the Ed.D.)
- No fewer than three years of successful teaching at the P-12 level
- Alabama EXP form verifying experience in schools (available from appropriate Board of Education Human Resources Office)
- Most recent performance appraisals.
Higher Education Leadership
- Master’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution for postsecondary education
- No fewer than three years’ experience working in a higher education setting
Applying for Admission to the Educational Leadership Doctoral Program
Please go to the Admission's login link and follow the prompts to process your Admission Application.
You may find a listing of documents that you will need upload to your application on the "Program Material" link. Also, you may download the "Recommendation Form for Graduate Admission to the Educational Leadership Program" by clicking here.
If you have questions regarding the admissions process, contact Dr. Susan Santoli, Program Coordinator, at (251) 380-2836 or email@example.com.
A personal interview, including submission of a writing sample, will be scheduled on campus once all admission materials are received.
Susan P. Santoli, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Leadership and Teacher Education
Ph: (251) 380-2836