About the Book & Authors
About the Book
First published in 2007, "Listening" was selected after much deliberation by a committee composed of USA faculty, students and staff. Fifteen titles were reviewed during the process.
"Listening" fits the parameters established for USA's Common Read; including the following:
• Potential to engage students and spark discussion
• Appeal to a wide range of students
• Possibilities for classroom use, including the First Year Experience classes
• Inclusion of cross-cultural education, awareness, knowledge, and sensitivity
• Possibilities for campus programming
• Relevance for student life
Other institutions who have used "Listening" include the University of Mississippi, UNC Charlotte, Iowa State University, University of Toledo, and Evergreen State College.
How Do I Get the Book?
About the Editor