John Counts Room
The John Counts Room is known for its private setting and elegant interior. This fully carpeted room has its own entrance as well as its own restroom. Decorated with chandeliers for intimate lighting, this is the number one location for a private event.
Seminars, receptions, banquets, expositions, dinners and fashion shows have been accommodated in this space. The possibilities are endless!
The room dimensions are 82' x 44' and can be separated into two rooms to accommodate smaller functions.
John Counts Room
82' x 44'
(Occupancy: 184 Seated)
John Counts Room A
44' x 32'
(Occupancy: 40 seated)
|John Counts Room B||
44' x 50'
(Occupancy: 75 seated)
The Mitchell Center prohibits the following:
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Weapons or any object that may be used to inflict bodily injury or disrupt an event
- Flammable materials or incendiary devices of any kind (includes chemicals)
- Laser pointers, flashlights, and any similar devices
- Large bags and containers (backpacks, knapsacks, coolers, etc.)
- Animals (excluding service animals)
- Outside food or beverage of any kind (includes alcoholic beverages)
- Tobacco, e-cigarettes, and/or vaping products
- Bottles, cans, projectiles, or compressed gas
- Artificial noisemakers (includes bells, whistles, cowbells, etc.)
- Selfie sticks/poles
- Video and audio recording devices (includes GoPro, etc.)
- Unauthorized solicitation, handbills, giveaways, or sampling
- Camera policies vary by event
Mitchell Center reserves the right to search all persons and bags entering or exiting the building. Mitchell Center will not be held responsible for items missing, stolen, damaged or lost. Ejection from the Mitchell Center may result if you fail to comply with these policies.
Confiscated items will not be returned.
There is no re-entry into the Mitchell Center. This information is printed on each ticket and is displayed on every door.
|John Counts Room - Non-University Rental Rate||$400 (first 4 hours) + $100 each additional hour|
|John Counts Room - University Rental Rate||$200 (first 4 hours) + $50 each additional hour|
|John Counts Room A - Non-University Rental Rate||$275 (first 4 hours) + $50 each additional hour|
|John Counts Room A - University Rental Rate||$137.50 (first 4 hours) + $25 each additional hour|
|John Counts Room B - Non-University Rental Rate||$275 (first 4 hours) + $50 each additional hour|
|John Counts Room B - University Rental Rate||$137.50 (first 4 hours) + $25 each additional hour|