While all of our residence halls are great places to live, we understand that some students would prefer to live somewhere other than where they are assigned for various reasons. This is why we have a Room Change Request process available for you to use online in PAWS. Once you have an assignment, you have the availability to request a change during any of the designated periods. Please refer to the time periods listed below and keep the following in mind as you consider requesting a change:
- You must be assigned before you can request a change.
- The ability to make a change is dependent upon the order in which your request is received and space availability.
- If you wish to make a change outside of the periods listed below, please your Community Director or Area Coordinator
• June 25th @ 9 a.m. — June 30th @ 9 a.m.
• Sept 2nd @ 9 a.m. — Sept 4th @ 9 a.m.
• There are no official room change periods for Spring at this time. Time would be announced via University email (JagMail) if they are determined at a later date. Please see your RA or Community Director with immediate room/roommate concerns.
For many new students, one of the biggest adjustments is sharing a room. The most successful roommates are the ones who effectively communicate with each other. Text messages, sticky notes, e-mails, Facebook comments, Tweets, etc. do not constitute effective communication. Before you change your room because you and your roommate don't seem compatible, read our Roommate Relationships section and talk to your RA or Community Director.