Some advice from current students about what to do once you've moved in:
- Introduce yourself to your RA. Ask your RA or returning neighbors for a tour of the building/community to learn more about where you live.
- Get to know the other people moving in. You'll be living with them all semester/year, so reach out now!
- Get out of your room, meet your neighbors, & don't be afraid to talk to strangers. They won't be a stranger for long!
- Don't worry about making sure that everything in your room is exactly where you want it the very first day. You have a whole semester or year to arrange (& rearrange) your room.
- Leave your room! Go to public areas in order to meet new people.
- Invite a neighbor to dinner. Everyone on campus has a meal plan, use it to your advantage!
- The first week is when a lot of new friendships are made, so don't be shy.
- Before the first day of class, check the campus map to find your classes & walk your route (if you have time). Learn how long it will take you to get to class before classes start.
- Ask questions. Your RA or returning residents probably know a few tricks about your residence hall, but they wouldn't know to tell you unless you ask.
- Remember, every new student is in the same boat & eager to make new friends. You're not the only one with a little anxiety!
All students must check-in by 4 PM on Sunday, August 17th. If something is going to prevent you from checking-in by that day/time, please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org
Student ID's will be required at Check-In (Jag CARD).
We're looking forward to seeing you on campus!