1. DNP applicants do not apply through the USA Office of Admissions nor do they apply through the USA Graduate School. DNP applicants are required to complete two applications - Primary and Supplemental. These applications should be completed simultaneously. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required forms are received by the application deadline. Only completed applications will be considered for acceptance. Please note that applicants from New York, Kansas, Maryland and North Carolina must contact the DNP Office at email@example.com prior to ordering transcripts or beginning the application process.
2. Primary Application: NursingCAS will process all official transcripts and the Primary Application for the DNP program. This process can be time consuming, so please begin the Primary Application as soon as possible. Graduates of USA or current USA students are required to send all official transcripts to NursingCAS. You will find the Primary Application here:
Primary Application Instructions**
** Only those applicants who comply with all requirements for the Primary Application Instructions listed above will be considered for admission.
3. Supplemental Application: The Supplemental Application Packet is a fillable PDF file. Therefore, your Supplemental Application Packet must be typed, printed, and signed. Hand-written applications will not be accepted. Please note that the Supplemental Application Packet requires that you first create your account with NursingCAS. Once you have started the Primary Application process with NursingCAS, please download and complete the:
Spring 2015 DNP Supplemental Application
The non-refundable Supplemental Application fee is $85.00. Please enclose a check or money order along with your Supplemental Application Packet made payable to: USA College of Nursing. There is a $20 fee on all returned checks. Supplemental Application Packets submitted without an application fee will not be processed.
4. International Students are required to have current U.S. registered nurse licensure with no restrictions. If you meet this requirement, you are also required to contact the University of South Alabama Office of International Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that you meet University of South Alabama Admission Requirements before applying to our DNP Program.
5. A limited number of applicants who meet all admission requirements may be phoned for a personal interview by our faculty, if needed.
6. All students who are admitted into the DNP program are admitted pending submission of an Acceptance Packet with required health, immunization and health insurance information and the results of a drug screen and background check. As part of this packet, new students are required to provide immunization dates or submit titer documentation for: Adult Tetanus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chickenpox, Hepatitis B, and must be current on their annual Tuberculin skin test. Please ensure all of this information is easily accessible. Additionally, USA CON requires that all DNP students have a current CPR certification and results of a physical exam that was completed within the past two years. Admission will be withdrawn for students who do not comply with health and insurance requirements, test positive on the drug screen as per the College of Nursing policy, or a background check that would prevent the student from completing clinical/residency requirements.
7. Re-Application Process:
Students who have applied and were not accepted must adhere to the following policies in order to be considered for a future term:
• Complete a Supplemental Application appropriate to the term in which they are applying.
• Pay the $85 Application Fee and include with Supplemental Application. Students who are re-applying to the very next term and who paid their $85 Application Fee with their previous application, are not required to submit another $85 Application Fee with their Supplemental Application. Please note: The University of South Alabama policy only allows us to roll an Application Fee one time, when a student chooses to reapply for the very next term.
• Students must also include a new Personal Statement and Curriculum Vitae/Resume with their Supplemental Applications.