“F.L.I.G.H.T. ~ Workforce Development Program”
(Future Leaders In Global Hospitality & Tourism)
What is F.L.I.G.H.T?
The “F.L.I.G.H.T. Workforce Development Program” is a business-education partnership program between the Gulf Coast hospitality and tourism industry and the College of Education (COE) Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) Program at the University of South Alabama (USA). FLIGHT is an opportunity for students to acquire and apply fundamental hospitality and tourism workplace competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors) through “real-world” work experiences that include “earning the right to lead” through engagement and visible leadership. Students will learn global leadership in hospitality and tourism concepts, ideas and theories via Sakai, the USA Online learning platform. Students must achieve an overall final exam score of 80% for this portion of their learning and a “Satisfactory” work performance review from the employer in order to receive “Certificate of Completion” at the completion of the program.
- Work over the summer once a week.
- Free round-trip bus transportation between Mobile (USA Campus) and Gulf Shores, AL.
- Will be paid $11 per hour.
- One credit hour online course on servant leadership.
- $500 scholarship to top four F.L.I.G.H.T. participants
Student will learn:
- Program Orientation and Training
- Visible Servant Leadership
- Organizational Culture and Value Awareness
- Importance of a Positive Attitude in the Workplace
- Self-Leadership Development (Confidence)
- Effective Communication & Engagement
- Teamwork & Relationship Building
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Careers in Hospitality and Tourism