Handshake Virtual Career Fair Attendance Instructions
The career fairs ares being held virtually and will be hosted within the Handshake platform. For maximum success follow the steps below.
- You must register for the career fair as well as any individual and group employer sessions in advance.
- You can only attend the sessions you register for in Handshake.
- Registration closes when a session begins or reaches capacity.
- Check out this article to learn how to register.
- Watch this video on locating and registering for career fairs
- Update your profile. Some employers set qualifications to define which students can register for their sessions.
- To ensure you qualify for employer sessions, make sure you have filled out the following fields on your profile:
- Double-check your technology.
- You’ll need an internet connection, speakers, microphone, and a supported device.
- Learn more about technical requirements for virtual fairs here.
Though this semester's career fair is virtual, Business professional attire is highly encouraged and a minimum of business casual attire is required. Employers formulate opinions about our USA student and alumni body based upon professional appearance and demeanor. Your professional presentation reflects positively on you and the university!
- Remember to update your resume. Visit Resume Writing for helpful information on resume writing to assist you in making the best first impression and beyond.
- Consider scheduling an appointment with a Career Services advisor for a resume review before the career fair.
- Check out this page on Career Fair Preparation.
- Expert Tips For Rocking Your Handshake Virtual Career Fair
- 3 Essential Virtual Career Fair Tips from Employers
- Virtual Career Fairs Are Here! Next Stop: Getting Hired
- Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here Are 10 Tips You Need to Know
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Interview
- Preparing Your Virtual Fair Elevator Pitch
- How to Prepare for Virtual 1:1 Sessions
Please contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 460-6188, if you have any questions.