Apply to USA

Male student walking outside on South Alabama campus at Moulton Tower.


Application Process

The following steps apply to first time freshmen, but generally the process flows the same no matter your status. See below to find out which admit type you are.

▼   How to Apply

The easiest way to apply is online through the application portal. You will be asked to create an account, and this login will allow you to fill out an application and check back to see what your status is.

If you prefer to mail in your application, print out the application form, fill it out and mail it to:

USA Office of Admissions
2500 Meisler Hall
390 Student Center Circle
Mobile, AL 36688-0002

▼   Submit Transcript and Scores

Request that your official high school transcript be sent to the University of South Alabama office of admissions.

Request that your ACT or SAT scores be sent to the University of South Alabama.

At this time, the University of South Alabama is accepting self-reported information that will be considered with your application for admission. All the information will be verified and your admission will be contingent on receipt of official documents. Please complete the Freshman Self-Reported Form.

▼   Notification of Acceptance
The Office of Admissions notifies all prospective students by U.S. mail. Notification generally takes five business days. During times of high volume, a longer processing time can be expected. You can also view your admission status by logging into the application portal.
▼   Check out PAWS
When you receive your notification of acceptance, you will receive your J# (student ID number). You will need this to log into PAWS (USA’s Personal Access Web System) and JagMail. PAWS is used by students to register for classes. Here you can find information about your account, housing, transcripts, and personal information. Set up your JagMail as soon as possible to receive important University communications.
▼   Fill Out Housing Contracts
Once you are admitted to South, you will use your Jag number and JagMail password to login to My USAHousing and begin your housing contract. Those who complete their contract early will have the largest selection of campus housing locations and types.
▼   Pre-Orientation and Orientation
Only admitted undergraduate students may sign up for orientation. Prior to orientation, you will need to submit immunization information and records through the Student Health Web Portal. You will also be asked to complete a brief on-line alcohol prevention program. Pre-orientation information can be found here.
▼   Academic Advising
If you are a first-time freshman, you will receive academic advising during summer orientation. If you have general questions, ask an advisor.
▼   Register for Classes
If you are a first-time freshman, you will register for classes during summer orientation. Advisors will be on hand to guide you through the process.