Non-Degree, Unclassified, & Transient Students

Angela Jordan instructing in front of class


A credit/debit card is required to pay the $35 application fee online.

Do not submit an online application if you have submitted an undergraduate application and application fee within the past year.

The undergraduate application fee is valid for one year. If you have paid an undergraduate application fee within the past year, you may request to update your undergraduate application to a different term. This will help you avoid paying another application processing fee. To request your application be updated, please complete the Change of Entry Term Request Form.

For submitting applications by mail or hand delivery, download a printable USA application and mail or hand deliver the completed application along with check or money order to the provided address for the Office of Admissions.  If applying using the Paper Application, a $45 application fee is required.

Click Here for new non-degree seeking student admission requirements.

Apply Online


Former USA undergraduate students who have not attended for three consecutive semesters (or graduated, were transient, or on suspension/dismissal) and would like to return as undergraduates, should see the link for undergraduate readmission in the drop down box below. This will help you avoid paying the application processing fee. DO NOT SUBMIT AN UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION (OR APPLICATION FEE) ONLINE.

If you have specific questions about your application status, please call the Office of Admissions at (251) 460-6141 or e-mail

 International students may call the Office of International Services at (251) 460-6050 or e-mail


The University of South Alabama publishes certain crime statistics each year as required by the Jeanne Clery Act. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the school. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off-campus buildings and property owned or controlled by the school and on public property immediately adjacent to the campus. This report is available online at: /resources/fireandsafetyreport.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the University Police office located at 290 Stadium Blvd.