Applying for Jobs and Internships
Handshake 2-Minute Training Video - How to search and apply for jobs in Handshake
- Click on 'Jobs' from the top navigation bar.
- Select the job type filters (Full-Time Job, Part-Time, Internship, On-Campus) to indicate
which type of position you are seeking. For additional job types select the drop
down box on 'Filters'.
Search for the job that you are interested in applying for and review the details and qualifications for the job to make sure it is a good fit.
- Select the documents you would like to upload from your document library or upload
documents directly from your computer.
IMPORTANT: Employers are able to view your resume or other documents when you apply to positions or when you make them visible on your profile. To ensure that your documents are of competitive quality for employment purposes, we highly encourage you to update your resume and cover letter and have them critiqued by Career Services prior to uploading and applying for positions in Handshake.
For information on building and perfecting your resume, view our Resume Writing page.
To request a face-to-face resume critique appointment or telephone resume critique appointment (for distance learners or those with scheduling conflicts) contact our office at (251) 460-6188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the green 'Apply' button when you are ready to submit your application. If the job requires that you also apply on their external website you will select, 'Apply Externally' and follow the link to complete the external application. Please be sure to thoroughly read the job description to ensure you have followed the application instructions.
- You will see that your application has been submitted.
If you need assistance, go to the Handshake Help Center.