Managing & Uploading Documents
Setting Visibility & Privacy
You have the option to have your documents visible on your profile, allowing employers to view and download these documents if they'd like. Many students have numerous documents saved, but only a couple that are listed 'visible' for employers.
- Documents can be attached to specific job applications (even if it is not set as 'visible' on your profile)
- Documents are only viewable by the employer who receives your application
- Other employers searching on Handshake will not be able to view documents not marked 'visible'
- Documents tailored for a specific job application should not be made 'visible' (cover letters or resumes)
- Handshake allows you to upload one visible resume to reduce confusion
You can see which documents are currently 'visible' by clicking 'Manage Documents' from your profile page.
Handshake 2-Minute Training Video
Document upload instructions
- In the upper right corner under your name select 'Documents' from the drop down menu.
- Click 'Add New Document' in the upper right corner.
- Complete the 'Document name' field and then select if the uploaded document will be a resume, cover letter, transcript
or other document. Files should be in a .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
Note: the preferred format is .pdf. Handshake will automatically attempt to convert any .doc or .docx format into a .pdf.
- Select 'Add Document' to upload your resume.
If you need assistance, go to the Handshake Help Center.