USA Greek Organizations Receive Honors
Posted on May 17, 2023
The University of South Alabama’s Office of Greek Life honored fraternity and sorority members for outstanding achievements in leadership, academics and community involvement at the recent 2022-2023 USA Greek Awards Ceremony.
“This year, our Greek community’s total economic value for philanthropic hours is almost $697,700 dollars with more than 100 agencies impacted through our contributions to the South Alabama and Mobile community,” said Jordan Carter, assistant director of fraternity and sorority life. “I look forward to our students continuing to make huge impacts to serve others.”
Many awards were presented, highlighted by the Dean’s Cup, the highest honor given to Greek-letter organizations at South. The recipients for the academic year are Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., Theta Delta Chapter of the National Pan- Hellenic Council (NPHC), Alpha Omicron Pi, Gamma Delta Chapter of College Panhellenic Council (CPC), and Alpha Tau Omega, Kappa Sigma Chapter of Inter-fraternity Council (IFC).
The awards ceremony recognized the fraternities and sororities who are members of the Inter-fraternity (IFC), College Panhellenic (CPC) and National Pan-Hellenic (NPHC) Councils for their academics, membership, service, academic achievement and campus involvement.
Greek Award Winners
- The overall winner for the Intramural Sports Award was presented to Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Eta Kappa Chapter, and the Kappa Delta Fraternity, Delta Sigma Chapter.
- The Panhellenic Outstanding New Member of the Year was awarded to Shubhangi Singh of Phi Mu, Kappa Omega Chapter. The IFC New Member of the Year was awarded to Connor Lewis of Alpha Tau Omega, Kappa Sigma Chapter. The NPHC New Member of the Year was awarded to Chris Allen of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., Theta Delta Chapter.
- The NPHC Greek Man of the Year Award was presented to Nicholas Johnson of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., Theta Delta Chapter. The IFC Greek Man of the Year Award was presented to Nicholas Ramos of Pi Kappa Phi, Gamma Phi Chapter.
- The NPHC Greek Woman of the Year Award was presented to Sydney Green of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., Epsilon Upsilon Chapter. The CPC Greek Woman of the Year was presented to McKenzie Beard of Alpha Omicron Pi, Gamma Delta Chapter.
- The NPHC Service Award winner is the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc., Eta Nu Chapter. The service award for the College Panhellenic Council is named the Daisy Ann Keeton Award. This year’s recipient is Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity, Gamma Delta Chapter. The IFC service award is the Sigma Chi Fraternity, Eta Epsilon Chapter.
- The NPHC Campus Involvement Award winner is the Theta Delta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. The CPC Campus Involvement Award winner is the Chi Omega Fraternity, Beta Theta Chapter. The IFC Campus Involvement Award winner is the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, Kappa Sigma Chapter.
Latest University News
Leadership in Social Justice and Perseverance Scholarships AwardedRising seniors receive scholarships for exhibiting a strong commitment...
February 29, 2024
From A to GleeHow an early black and gold varsity letter from South survived hurrica...
February 19, 2024
Brass ActClassical tuba lifted Clayton Maddox from poverty and led him to South...
February 1, 2024
Freshman Retention Near Record LevelsUSA's initiatives paying dividends as first-time freshman cohort ...
January 31, 2024