Events Planned for 'Homecoming 2019, The Final Countdown'
Posted on October 17, 2019
WEATHER UPDATE: Due to forecasted heavy rainfall for Friday, the Homecoming Alumni Lawn Party, Homecoming Parade and Homecoming Pep Rally have been canceled. The Homecoming football game against Appalachian State is scheduled for an 11 a.m. kickoff on Saturday at Ladd-Peebles Stadium.
Students, alumni, faculty, staff and the community will celebrate and enjoy the traditions and all things homecoming at the University of South Alabama with the theme, “Homecoming 2019, The Final Countdown,” Oct. 21-26.
The homecoming activities will include a host of events, athletic and alumni activities along with Fun Fest, the parade and pep rally. The big treat will be a concert featuring T-Pain, Grammy-winning singer, songwriter and producer. He will begin performing at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 24, at the Mitchell Center. The concert tickets are on sale for $15 for USA students and general admission is $30. All tickets will be $30 on the day of the show. Tickets can be purchased at www.southalabama.edu/mitchellcenter.
“We are very excited about this year’s homecoming concert featuring T-Pain,” said James Contratto, USA’s homecoming committee chair. “He’s a major artist of the mid-2000s, who remains relevant today. We are inviting our campus, Mobile and surrounding communities to come out and enjoy this talented artist and all other homecoming events.”
Select Homecoming Events:
- On Monday, Oct. 21, the traditional “Junk the Jungle,” for South students only, will kick off homecoming festivities from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. as tissue paper is tossed into the trees at the traffic circle near the residence halls.
- The annual fun musical event, Battle of the DJs, will begin with the show starting at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 22. The DJs compete for the title of “Hottest DJ in the South.” Admission is $5 at the door.
- USA’s homecoming will continue with Fun Fest, being held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23. The Student Center will be taken over with free food, games and medieval mayhem.
- EVENT CANCELED. On Oct. 25, the annual homecoming parade featuring the Jaguar Marching Band begins on USA South Drive at 6 p.m. The pep rally will follow the parade at 6:45 p.m. on the Mitchell Center North Plaza.
- After the pep rally, the “Battle of the Greeks” NPHC Homecoming Step Show with a “House of Horror” theme takes place in the Mitchell Center. The doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show begins at 7:30 p.m. Advance general admission tickets are $15 and the day of show tickets at the door are $20.
- Homecoming day on Saturday, Oct. 26, will feature the Jaguar football team against Appalachian State University at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. Kickoff is at 11 a.m. Stadium gates open at 8 a.m. The Jaguar Prowl will occur two hours and 20 minutes before the kickoff game time. The presentation of the homecoming court will be held at halftime, and homecoming awards will be announced at the end of the game.
Latest University News
Audiologist Hears Call as Dr. Chick#MyFirstJob: Cameron Chick turned a South education and a Macon intern...
June 30, 2020
Finding Role Models in TextbooksBiology texts are doing better at representing women and scientists of...
June 26, 2020
South Releases Reopening PlanSocial distancing, face masks, COVID-19 screening, web-blended classes...
June 26, 2020
Challenging Players, and ExpectationsFormer Jag Mansa El is a rarity in basketball — a female coach of a ...
June 24, 2020