Employee Or Independent Contractor?

Every time the University wants an individual who is not currently an employee to perform some work for it a decision must be made as to whether the legal relationship created is an employment relationship or an independent contractor relationship. In order to gather the information necessary to make this decision, the University has developed a form entitled "Authorization To Provide Services."

This APS form must be completed prior to the time a non-employee is engaged to perform work for the University.