Each year millions of Americans quit smoking. Want to be one of them?
There are immediate as well as long term health benefits of stopping tobacco use.
The treatment available at the Student Health Center includes:
- Setting a realistic quit date.
- Preparing to quit.
- Updated information on Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patches, gum, etc.), prescription for medication may be given.
- Tips for quitting.
- Ways to decrease one's stress.
- How to deal with cravings, and more!
For more information, or to schedule an appointment in the Student Health Center call (251) 460-7151.
Counseling and Testing Services also offers on-campus resources for smoking cessation.
- Individual and group counseling services are available for students upon request. Students can call (251) 460-7151 to schedule an individual appointment or to obtain information about group counseling opportunities.
For more advice on how to kick the habit, check out these Tips for Quitting Smoking.