Wesley Davis, DNP, ENP-C, FNP-C, AGACNP-BC, CEN, FAANP
- DNP, University of South Alabama, 2014
- MSN Dual Role (FNP/AGACNP) Advanced Emergency Nursing, University of South Alabama, 2014
- BSN, Chamberlain College of Nursing, 2011
- ADN, Excelsior College, 2002
- AS, Northeastern Technical College, 2001
- Developing an emergency nurse practitioner residency/fellowship program
- Developing and implementing an emergency nurse practitioner specialty program
- Changing emergency department design and procedures to improve patient experience, flow, and metrics
Myers, C., Miller, J., & Davis, W. D. (2020). Allopurinol-Induced Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS): A Case Report. Accepted in Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal.
Bardwell, J., Brimmer, S., & Davis, W. D. (2020). Implementing the ABCDE Bundle, Critical-Care Pain Observation Tool, and Richmond Agitation-Sedation Scale to reduce ventilation time. Advanced Critical Care, 31(1), 16-21. https://doi.org/10.4037/aacnacc2020451
Myers, C., Miller, J., & Davis, W. D. (2019). Skin and soft tissue infections: A case of necrotizing fasciitis. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 41(4), 322-329. doi: 10.1097/TME.0000000000000268
Davis, W. D., Norris, K. & Fiebig, W. (2019). The modified Valsalva maneuver for reversion of stable supraventricular tachycardia: Lessons learned from the REVERT trial. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 41(3), 192-197. doi: 10.1097/TME.0000000000000252
Davis, W. D., Dowling, D., Fiebig, W., & Lewis, C. (2019). Emergency care: Operationalizing the practice through a concept analysis. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Published ahead of print. doi: 10.1097/JXX.0000000000000229
Davis, W. D., Davis, K. A., & Hooper, K. (2019). Ketamine utilization in the emergency department: A review of ketamine and a discussion of the newly released ketamine guideline to treat acute pain. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 41(2), 111-121. doi: 10.1097/TME. 0000000000000238
Favaloro, K., Davis, W. D., & Thompson, L. (2019). An evaluation of the 5 A’s model used in behavioral counseling of obese patients in a primary care setting. Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/10755/17126
Davis, W. D., & Schaffer, P. A. (2018). Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: A challenging diagnosis. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 40(3), 176-182. doi: 10.1097/TME.0000000000000197
Davis, W. D. (2017, September). A nurse practitioner-driven, split-flow emergency department intake system. Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/10755/622715
Davis, W. D. (2020). When Regulation and Advocacy Work Together: The ENP Story. Wyoming Nurse Reporter, 15(4), 24-25.
Davis, W. D. (2019, Fall). Guest Editorial: Moving the Emergency Nurse Practitioner Specialty from Resistance to Acceptance: The Wyoming Experience. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 41(4), 279-281. doi: 10.1097/TME.0000000000000265
Burns, J. & Davis, W. D. (2019, Spring). Which APRN Should You Hire for the Emergency Department or Hospitalist Team? Wyoming Nurse Reporter, 15(1), 6-7.
Davis, W. D. (2019, Winter). APRN specialty education & certification. Wyoming Nurse Reporter, 14(4), 5.
Davis, W. D. (2018, Fall). The emergency nurse practitioner’s role in the opioid crisis. Wyoming Nurse Reporter, 14(3).
- CMN 680 Dual Role (FNP/AGACNP) Doctor of Nursing Practice Project Planning & Development
- CMN 681 Dual Role (FNP/AGACNP) Doctor of Nursing Practice Residency I
- CMN 682 Dual Role (FNP/AGACNP) Doctor of Nursing Practice Residency II
- CMN 683 Dual Role (FNP/AGACNP) Doctor of Nursing Practice Residency III
- NU 613 Organizational and System Leadership
- AHN 553 Advanced Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Practicum I
- AHN 555 Advanced Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Practicum II
- AHN 571 Health Promotion & Disease Prevention for Adult-Gerontology Nursing
- NU 518 Advanced Nursing Assessment
Honors and Awards
- Golden Key International Honor Society, Inducted 2013
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, Inducted 2012
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Inducted 2011
- Chamberlain College of Nursing Honor Society, Inducted 2011
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Inducted 1999