Being prepared to transfer is all about being organized and knowledgeable. Like with most things, having a well thought out plan, based on research, will help you be successful. Between Pathway USA, your two year college advisor and academic support resources on both campuses, all the assistance you need to create a great plan is out there!
Pathway USA can help you with most of these steps!
- Transfer degrees offered at the two year college level are the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science.
- Consult with an advisor to be sure you are in the correct program to position you to transfer at the completion of your degree.
- The Associate in Applied Science degree is not a transfer degree.
- The AAS degree includes very few transferable General Education courses. There is no guarantee that AAS courses will transfer to South.
- Visit career services on your college campus.
- Determine what you are good at and what you will enjoy in a career.
- Find out what bachelor's degree requirements are for your preferred major.
- Are there prerequisite courses and GPA requirements?
Don't waste time and money taking classes that will not help you toward your degree. Don't lose credit for classes that either don't transfer or transfer but do not apply to your major. The Pathway USA Advisor, along with your college advisor, can help.
- For students in Alabama, check the STARS guides for your chosen major.
- Start a file or notebook to keep all your transfer information in one place.
- When you email or speak to anyone with questions, get their names and keep notes or the email.
- When will you complete your AA or AS degree?
- When do you plan to transfer?
- When do you need to apply to South?
- When do you need to apply for Financial Aid?
- When do you need to apply for scholarships?
- What other important deadlines are out there?