Late Stay / Break Housing Program
SPRING 2019 CLOSING: The residence halls close for spring semester on Friday, May 3, 2019 at 12:00 PM (noon) and remain closed until they re-open for summer semester on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 9:00 AM. ALL residents who are NOT approved for Late Stay or Break Housing should check out of their housing assignment within the 12-hours following their last exam.
LATE STAY REQUESTS / BREAK HOUSING REGISTRATION: USA Housing recognizes that some students may need to move out later than the scheduled closing of residence halls in order to meet academic or departmental requirements. Requests to stay late OR break housing registration submitted by April 20, 2019 @ 11:59 PM may be granted for students who have an active housing assignment and a documented, University-related need to move out of their spring housing assignment after residence hall closing (see dates/deadlines above). Approval of Late Stay requests and eligibility for Break Housing registration will be determined by USA Housing following the guidelines below.
The 'May Semester 2019" housing contract term will ONLY be available in April 2 - 20, 2019. If needed, login to southalabama.edu/MyUSAHousing and select 'Housing Contract' in the upper left of your screen to complete your May Semester contract during this time. All students currently in room (spring semester) who are enrolled for May Semester 2019 AND have a completed May Semester 2019 contract are eligible to be approved for Break Housing (upon request), allowing him/her to remain in room through completion of May Semester 2019. To be eligible for Break Housing approval, request must be submitted AND a 'May Semester 2019' housing contract must be completed by April 20th. Students will NOT be approved for Break Housing without meeting these conditions. Review full May Semester details by clicking the button below. Break Housing registration is not available after April 20th. Those who do not register for Break Housing by the deadline will be required to vacate by the published date for Spring Residence Hall Closing.
TO SUBMIT A LATE STAY REQUEST: Log on to southalabama.edu/MyUSAHousing
> Select your current room assignment (click 'Start / View Request')
> Those who are not enrolled for Spring Semester 2019 will be routed to the Late Stay Request page
> Review 'Welcome' page details then click 'Continue'
> Provide the requested information then click 'Save & Continue'
> Continue to monitor your JagMail and the Late Stay Status page for more info as needed
The cost is $15.00 per person per night starting from the date the halls close until the date of departure/check-out. Any request received and approved after April 20, 2019 will be subject to a late charge of $100 in addition to the $15 nightly rate. All late stay charges will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) after check-out unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
There is no nightly cost for graduating students who have been approved to remain in the halls as late as May 5, 2019. However, any request received and approved after April 20, 2019 will be subject to a late charge of $100. All late stay charges will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) after check-out unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
Please review all of the following carefully before submitting your Late Stay request or Break Housing registration
- The deadline for submit a request for Spring Late Stay OR register for Break Housing is April 20, 2019 @ 11:59 PM.
- Any applicable Late Stay fees/charges (see 'Cost/Associated Fee' section above) will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) AFTER check-out unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
- If approved, please be aware many services may not continue to be fully operational. In some instances, you may need to adjust your schedule or find alternative options. For instance, most on-campus dining locations close at the end of business hours Thursday, May 2, 2019 and will not reopen until Wednesday, May 29, 2019 for Summer Semester students.
- If you withdraw or become disqualified from the program/event that necessitated your need for Late Stay/Break Housing, you will no longer be eligible to remain on campus during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Approved students remain responsible for the 'Housing Contract Terms and Conditions' during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Overnight guests are NOT permitted during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Building maintenance, including painting and cleaning may be ongoing in the residential communities during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.