Late Stay / Break Housing Program
SPRING 2018 CLOSING: The residence halls close for spring semester on Friday, May 4, 2018 at 12:00 PM (noon) and remain closed until they re-open for summer semester on Friday, May 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM. ALL residents who are not approved for Late Stay or Break Housing should check out of their housing assignment within the 12-hours following their last exam.
LATE STAY REQUESTS / BREAK HOUSING REGISTRATION: Deadline to register for Break Housing OR submit Late Stay Requests is April 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Approval of Late Stay requests and/or eligibility for Break Housing registration will be determined by USA Housing following the guidelines below.
Students who are able to document their University-related need to remain in the residence halls beyond the published closing date (see above), should submit a request for Late Stay online in My USAHousing between April 2 @ 9:00 AM - April 16 @ 11:59 PM. Late Stay is a privilege offered as a convenience to non-graduating students and is NOT guaranteed. Late Stay requests are considered based on the identified program, facility availability, and the timing of the request. Many of our Late Stay students are participating in programs including University commencement/graduation and/or University athletics. With a high-volume of summer facilities projects, late stay may not be available for every student EVEN IF the University-related need can be verified.
Students interested in May Semester Break Housing registration should review the May Semester / Break Housing Info (button below) to learn more BEFORE attempting to register. The 'May Semester 2018' housing contract term will ONLY be available online in My USAHousing April 2 - 16, 2018. If needed, login to My USAHousing during this time to complete your May Semester housing contract. All students currently in room (spring semester) who enroll in May Semester 2018 classes AND complete a May Semester 2018 housing contract by April 16, 2018 @ 11:59 PM are eligible for Break Housing. allowing him/her to remain in room through completion of May Semester 2018 (upon completion of registration) unless otherwise informed by USA Housing staff. Students will NOT be eligible for Break Housing without meeting these conditions. Review full May Semester Break Housing details by clicking the button below. May Semester Break Housing registration is NOT available after April 16th.
> Select your current room assignment (click 'Start / View Request')
> Those who are not enrolled for May Semester 2018 will be routed to the Late Stay Request page
> Review 'Welcome' page details then click 'Continue'
> Provide the requested information then click 'Save & Continue'
> Continue to monitor your JagMail and the Late Stay Status page for more info as needed
The cost is $15.00 per person per night starting from the date the residence halls close until the date of departure/check-out. Any request received and approved after April 16 at 11:59 PM will be subject to a late charge of $100 in addition to the nightly rate. All late stay charges will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) after check-out unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
There is no nightly cost for students who have been approved to remain in the halls as late as Sunday, May 6th @ 9 AM. However, any request received and approved after April 16 at 11:59 PM will be subject to a late charge of $100. Any late stay charges will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) after check-out.
Please review all of the following carefully before submitting your Late Stay request or Break Housing registration
- The deadline for submit a request for Summer Late Stay OR register for Break Housing is April 16 @ 11:59 PM.
- Any applicable Late Stay fees/charges (see 'Cost/Associated Fee' section above) will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) AFTER check-out unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
- If approved, please be aware many services may not continue to be fully operational. In some instances, you may need to adjust your schedule or find alternative options. For instance, most on-campus dining locations close at the end of business hours Thursday, May 3, 2018 and will not reopen until Tuesday, May 29, 2018 for summer semester students.
- If you withdraw or become disqualified from the program/event that necessitated your need for Late Stay/Break Housing, you will no longer be eligible to remain on campus during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Approved students remain responsible for the 'Housing Contract Terms and Conditions' during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Overnight guests are NOT permitted during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Building maintenance, including painting and cleaning may be ongoing in the residential communities during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.