Late Stay / Break Housing Program
FALL 2018 / WINTER BREAK CLOSING: The residence halls close for fall semester on Friday, December 14, 2018 at 12:00 PM (noon) and remain closed until they re-open for spring semester on Friday, January 4, 2019 at 9:00 AM. ALL residents who are NOT approved for Late Stay or Break Housing should check out of their housing assignment within the 12-hours following their last exam.
LATE STAY REQUESTS / BREAK HOUSING REGISTRATION: Deadline to register for Break Housing OR submit Late Stay Requests is December 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Approval of Late Stay requests and/or eligibility for Break Housing registration will be determined by USA Housing following the guidelines below.
All students currently in room (fall semester) who are enrolled for Spring Semester 2019 and have a completed 'Academic Year 2018-2019' housing contract are eligible for Break Housing (upon request). Fall residents whose Winter Break plans include remaining on campus or gaining access to their room at any time during the break MUST register for Break Housing by December 1, 2018 @ 11:59 PM to ensure they have access to their residence hall room throughout the Winter Break Housing period and avoid a late registration fee. Card access will cut off at 12:00 PM (noon) on the last day of final exams (Thursday, December 13th). All residence halls will remain open for residents who have completed Winter Break registration.
> Select your current room assignment (click 'Start / View Request')
> Those who are not enrolled for Spring Semester 2019 will be routed to the Late Stay Request page
> Review 'Welcome' page details then click 'Continue'
> Provide the requested information then click 'Save & Continue'
> Continue to monitor your JagMail and the Late Stay Status page for more info as needed
The cost is $15.00 nightly rate for approved Late Stays will be charged (per person) starting from the date the residence halls close until the date of departure/check-out. Any request received and approved after December 1 at 11:59 PM will be subject to a late charge of $100 in addition to the nightly rate. All late stay charges will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) after check-out unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
There is no charge ($0) to remain on campus in your room during the Winter Break as long as your Break Housing registration is completed prior to the deadline (December 1 @ 11:59 PM) and you remain enrolled for Spring Semester 2019.
All Break Housing requests received AFTER December 1 @ 11:59 PM will be subject to a late registration charge of $100. Any applicable charges will be assessed to the student's account (PAWS) after Winter Break.
Please review all of the following carefully before submitting your Late Stay request or Break Housing registration
- The deadline for submit a request for Winter Late Stay OR register for Break Housing is December 1 @ 11:59 PM.
- Any applicable Late Stay fees/charges (see 'Cost/Associated Fee' section above) will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) AFTER check-out unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
- If approved, please be aware many services may not continue to be fully operational. In some instances, you may need to adjust your schedule or find alternative options. For instance, most on-campus dining locations close at the end of business hours Thursday, December 3, 2018 and will not reopen until Sunday, January 6, 2019 for Spring Semester students.
- If you withdraw or become disqualified from the program/event that necessitated your need for Late Stay/Break Housing, you will no longer be eligible to remain on campus during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Approved students remain responsible for the 'Housing Contract Terms and Conditions' during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Overnight guests are NOT permitted during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.
- Building maintenance, including painting and cleaning may be ongoing in the residential communities during the Late Stay/Break Housing period.