Major in Hospitality and Tourism Management
What is Hospitality and Tourism Management?
Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) is the genuine warm welcome, friendly reception and treatment extended to guests through accommodations, prepared food and beverage services, entertainment, events, recreation and retail. HTM covers a broad spectrum of business sectors within the service industry.
Why HTM at South?
Hospitality and Tourism is a vast, exciting, dynamic, and rapidly growing industry comprised of many sectors with a wide variety of career opportunities.
The hospitality and tourism management bachelor’s program at the University of South Alabama utilizes faculty with strong industry experience and a network of industry partners to prepare students for local and global hospitality and tourism careers. Students can major or minor in hospitality and tourism management at South.
- Join the fastest growing industry in the world.
- Belong to a thriving global economic powerhouse.
- Connect to boundless employment opportunities.
- Open yourself to different cultures and peoples.
- Gain access to career travel possibilities.
- Acquire a customer focus and transferable skills.
USA HTM Industry Partners
- In the U.S., the hospitality and tourism industry represents a $6.8 trillion-dollar industry and it projected to create 350 million new jobs by 2024.
- South’s program hosts faculty with academic credentials and countless hours of industry experience.
- Many courses in the program offer a specific focus on management, allowing for transferable business skills.
- Education plus industry experience means higher-level positions.