Sigma Theta Tau - Zeta Gamma Chapter
Zeta Gamma Chapter at the University of South Alabama, College of Nursing
Sigma Theta Tau
If you have received an invitation to become of a member of STT International, Zeta
Gamma Chapter, we would like to congratulate you on this honor. Once you have completed
your application and submitted with your fees, you will join others as members of
our Zeta Gamma Chapter at the University of South Alabama, College of Nursing . Your
fees include your honor cords if you plan to attend the Induction Ceremony. These
will be awarded to you on Induction Day. If you are unable to attend the Induction
Ceremony, you will need to purchase your own cords. A STT pin can also be purchased
on the STT International website. The STT pin is not included in the fees assessed
you by International.
Sigma Theta Tau is an international honor society, professional and scholarly in nature, founded to:
- Recognize superior achievement in nursing
- Recognize the development of leadership qualities
- Foster high professional standards
- Encourage creative work
- Strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the nursing profession
Zeta Gamma Chapter Mission
A Vision to Lead:
- To create a global community of nurses who lead in using scholarship, knowledge and technology to improve the health of the world's people.
A Mission to Serve, Support and Improve:
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing provides leadership and scholarship in practice, education and research to enhance the health of all people. We support the learning and professional development of our members, who strive to improve nursing care worldwide.
- Enrolled in a baccalaureate or equivalent program.
- One-half of nursing curriculum completed.
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
- Rank in the upper 35% of graduating class.
- One-fourth of required graduate curriculum completed.
- Grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
- Legally recognized to practice nursing in his/her country.
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent in any field.
- Demonstrated achievement in nursing.
Examples of achievement in nursing for Nurse Leader:
- Creativity/innovation in clinical practice
- Leadership qualities contributing to improved healthcare
- Improvement of the status of nursing organizations
- Research development utilization
- Mentoring of colleagues