Choosing a nursing college is one of the most important decisions you will make. When you apply for admission to the University of South Alabama, you’re starting on an important path to ensure your success as a student and in your nursing career.
The College of Nursing is dedicated to the education of professional nurses who provide the highest quality healthcare to the communities they serve. The practice of nursing is both an art and a science; the focus of nursing is the diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health problems.
The College of Nursing has two locations, one is on the USA main campus, and the other is on the USA Baldwin County campus in downtown Fairhope. The resources of the University, the USA Hospitals and clinics, and numerous clinical agencies provide excellent opportunities for students to acquire the knowledge and skills essential for professional nursing.
- If you are just considering a new career in the profession of Nursing you will want to visit our BSN Traditional page.
- If you have a previous Bachelor degree and want to change your career to the Nursing Profession visit our Accelerated page.
- If you are a Registered Nurse and you want to advance your career with a BSN you can visit our RN to BSN page.
- If you are a Registered Nurse with a BSN and you want to further your professional credentials with a MSN visit our Masters Program page.
- If you have an advanced nursing degree and you want to add a certificate visit our Post Grad Certificate page.
- And if you are a BSN or MSN and you want to add DNP to your professional credentials, visit our Doctoral Programs page.
All of our programs except for the Traditional and the Accelerated are offered online and you can see a listing on our Online Programs page.
- Cultivate a caring and engaging environment to facilitate teaching, learning, scholarship, and service.
- Deliver innovative quality nursing programs that meet the needs of a diverse student body and other communities of interest.
- Promote the discovery, communication, and preservation of knowledge through scholarly activities and leadership.
- Provide service to the University, the profession, and the public.
- Develop community partnerships to promote nursing and the enhancement of the healthcare delivery system.
P.O. Box 303900
Montgomery, AL 36130-3900
The baccalaureate, master's, doctor of nursing practice, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education:
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
P: (202) 887-6791
F: (202) 887-8476