Get Connected Day
Posted on October 1, 2018 by MCOB Outreach
Get Connected Day is an annual networking event hosted by the Mitchell College of Business designed to increase student engagement with campus organizations. MCOB student organizations and various campus resources such as the Stokes Writing Center and Student Advising are invited to set up informational displays. During Get Connected Day, students are able to speak to student organization members to learn more about their organization. This is also an opportunity for students to engage with MCOB faculty and staff outside of the classroom. Get Connected Day is not limited just to Mitchell College of Business students. Students campus wide are invited to participate in getting connected with MCOB and other campus resources. This year (2018) housed the largest Get Connected Date, having approximately 500 students in attendance.
As part of Get Connected Day, MCOB provides food, games and giveaway prizes throughout the event. The highlight of Get Connected Day was the inflatable jousting ring and bungee cord run. To beat the heat, free snow cones were handed out. During the event, students had the opportunity to participate in raffle drawings.. Prizes were donated by local businesses in the area.
- Hair care basket from City Cuts
- Chicken Salad Chick Prize Pack from Chicken Salad Chick
- Five vouchers for one free menu item from American Deli
- Free oil change from Gulf Coast Auto Group
- Dining Services prize pack from South’s Dining Services
- Five vouchers for a 15-minute headshot session from Emily Rodrick Photography
- Gift cards from Satori, Mint and University of South Alabama Bookstore
- Variety of prizes from MCOB
- Free cold coffee and scones from Carpe Diem (The owner of Carpe Diem is a MCOB alumnus.)
Internships: Up the Hill and Down Music RowThe Mitchell College of Business is dedicated to providing experientia...
June 16, 2022
Maxing MAcc: Next level accountingSarasota, Fla native Alexander Rodman decided he wasn't quite rea...
June 16, 2022
Link by Link: Understanding Blockchain TechnologyIn the current age of innovation, blockchain technology has been recei...
June 15, 2022