Campus Tours FAQs
- Consider the dates that work best with your schedule–and your guests. Changing dates can sometimes be difficult, and choosing dates that allow you to spend some time enjoying the Mobile area is a great addition to your visit experience.
- Decide who is coming with you (if anyone) and make a plan. If you are bringing a child, please note that there are special guidelines for children under 5 years of age, so you must email USACampusTours@SouthAlabama.edu prior to scheduling your tour.
- Email USACampusTours@SouthAlabama.edu if you have any questions or requests. Make sure that you fill out the registration form completely and correctly.
- Check your email for your confirmation email.
- Prepare questions for your tour guide and admissions counselor.
- Check the weather forecast and dress comfortably.
- Check your email the day before your visit for parking and check-in instructions.
- Please make alternate arrangements for pets and avoid heavy fragrances as some of our guests may have allergies.
In Mobile, we are experts at navigating rain:) Tours will continue unless the weather is severe or conditions are unsafe. If there is lightning or thunder, we will offer our guests alternatives.
The tour is about 90 minutes and includes stops at our newest residence hall, the Recreation & Wellness Center, an academic building, and our Student Center. There is an information session before the tour and an opportunity to chat with an admissions counselor after the tour.
Please indicate that a member of your party needs accommodation when you complete your tour registration form. If you fail to do so, call us at least three business days so that we can work on securing the proper resources per your needs. We know that not everyone’s needs are the same, so we will prepare accordingly. Our tour guides will tell you all about campus as they drive you around and there are several stops (some are multiple story buildings) that involve walking. Our tour route was created with accessibility in mind and can accommodate guests who utilize wheelchairs, strollers, crutches, etc. Please note that we are unable to provide any medical equipment.