SeCAPS 2024 Presenter Info
The 17th annual Southeastern Coastal and Atmospheric Processes Symposium (SeCAPS) will be held April 6-7, 2024 in the Student Center Ballroom of the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.
Oral and poster presentations on any aspect of meteorology, atmospheric science, emergency management, geography, climatology, geology, broadcast media, or effective communication to the public are welcomed. For further information on the conference, please contact the SeCAPS faculty director: Dr. Jake Wiley (contact info at bottom).
Information on submitting papers for a SeCAPS Presentation:
- An abstract must accompany all presentations, both oral and poster. The abstract should be no longer than 200 words.
- Abstracts should be submitted by email to email@example.com (Microsoft Word or Google Docs format required) by March 6, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- The body of the abstract should be single-spaced and without paragraph indentations. If the abstract contains more than one paragraph, two spaces are to be left between paragraphs.
- Since the abstracts will be reformatted for publication purposes, a strict format will not be imposed. However, paper titles along with authors' names, contact info, and institution affiliations must be clearly identified preceding the body of the abstract.
- Authors are responsible for editing and proofreading the abstract that they submit. Abstracts will be printed as submitted, except for any necessary reformatting.
- Each abstract should be accompanied by a separate page (one copy only) containing:
- title of the paper
- author's (or authors') name(s) and title(s)
- complete address
- e-mail address
- A computer with projection system will be provided. Audio equipment also will be available if needed. Please indicate if you need audio/visual equipment OTHER than a typical classroom/auditorium setup.
- Oral presentations should be submitted in a format compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint. You will be asked to email your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to avoid last minute glitches.
- Presentations should be limited to 12-15 minutes, plus 3-5 minutes for questions. (Keynote speakers will be allotted more time.)
Abstracts and/or presentations may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Dr. Jake Wiley, Assistant Professor of Meteorology and SeCAPS Faculty Director, University
of South Alabama
Telephone: (251) 460-6381 OR (770) 296-3668, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.