Scholarships and Funding
The Honors College focuses on supporting free and/or funded opportunities for enhanced community, travel, and intellectual experiences, such as the Delta Fellows, the Oxford Consortium for Human Rights, and the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates.
There are also a number of opportunities for scholarships. Honors College students receive competitive scholarships for first-year students--for more information see these Scholarships for Freshmen Students. Honors students are also eligible for:
- Whiddon Scholarships for students who excel in research activities
- the Spirit of Service Scholarship
- the Honors Opportunity Persistence and Engagement (HOPE) Scholarship
- the Dr. Michael Doran Award in the USA Honors College awarded to students in support of their honors thesis research or their efforts to experience perspectives in research and culture beyond the State of Alabama
- support for summer tuition and experiential learning.
We also offer case by case funds for conference travel, study abroad, and unique opportunities.
The College also has a strong track record of helping students earn nationally prestigious fellowships as Hollings, Goldwater, Fulbright, and Udall Fellowships. For more information, follow this link.