Why the Honors College at USA
The Honors College gives students the best of two worlds: the personal attention, small classes, community, and unique experiences of the small college along with the diversity, opportunities, and prestigious faculty of a growing research-intensive University.
Consider the Scholarly, Community, and Financial benefits of USA Honors:
- Courses designed to challenge your cognitive abilities while engaging real world situations
- Small, Honors-Only Sections of Many Required Courses
- Priority Registration
- Individual Faculty Research Mentoring
- Enrichment Opportunities such as the Honors International Music Scholarship as well as travel to national parks and study abroad.
- Regular Interactions with Honors Scholars
- The Bethel - Your Honors Home on Campus
- Honors Housing
- Honors Events
- Honors College Association
The Honors College offers competitive scholarships--for more information see these Scholarships for Freshmen Students--as well as case by case Whiddon Scholarship funds for conference travel, study abroad, tuition, and other unique opportunities. The College also has a strong track record of helping students earn nationally prestigious fellowships as Hollings, Goldwater, Fulbright, and Udall Fellowships. Finally, the Honors College offers funded opportunities for enhanced community, travel, and intellectual experiences.