Mitchell College of Business Internships
Looking for a College Intern?
Are you looking to grow your business? Or, maybe you just need a second set of hands? Being part of a AACSB dually accredited institution, Mitchell College of students learn from highly accomplished faculty. They are ready to join your team and help you accomplish your business goals.
Additionally, hiring an intern will provide a student the opportunity to participate in their chosen field prior to graduation and gain opportunities for mentorship.
Internships are offered to all qualifying students in the Mitchell College of Business. Three credit hours are required for graduation from the college. In order to qualify to apply for an internship, students must be a junior or senior with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Ready for an internship? Here's how to get started.
Employers must provide the student intern with at least a minimum of 112.5 hours over the course of the semester.
How these hours are allocated, is at the employer's discretion and must be communicated in advance.
Employers must agree to provide:
- An orientation introducing the industry, organization, and department
- Assign relevant entry-level business assignments
- no more than 20% of the internship should be clerical in nature.
- Arrange a mentor to guide and direct the student intern through the internship experience
Additionally, employers must agree to provide evaluations and feedback to interns. Each intern will require:
- Complete both mid-term and final evaluations
- Forms will be provided to you by the intern
- Keep the Mitchell College of Business Faculty Supervisor informed of any issues or concerns that arise during the course of the internship
Please note, the Mitchell College of Business only promotes paid internships through our internal systems.
A Note from the Internship Coordinator
The Mitchell College of Business internship program provides opportunities for students planning careers in business to gain experience in their field prior to graduation. The internship is an applied work experience available to qualified students in the Mitchell College of Businesses. Contact me and I will help you find the position to that perfect for you. Go Jags!
Jessica Franks, JD
Coordinator for Experiential Learning
Mitchell College of Business
P: (251) 460-7194